Pages

Sunday 3 May 2015

JQ's

I have been doing a journal quilt challenge which involves producing
one small piece of work per month for 12 months. These are the first
four of the year. Done on time - just!!
I couldn't pin down a single idea to work on until the March challenge
for another group.
Theme - trees.
Technique - gelliplate printing (monoprinting).
It was an opportunity to try ideas that have been rattling around
in my head for some time.
January - poplar trees are a favourite of mine.
The background fabrics are hand dyed.
The trees are gelli printed using very simple mark making tools.
The trees are fused and free machine quilted.
February 
 March
- there's something about a single tree.
 April
- I love playing with my camera and with different camera angles.
The tree trunks are gelli printed, fused and free machine quilted.
The canopy is printed with bubble wrap.
I shall be continuing the tree theme for at least 2 more JQ's.